me Life and Times of the Fireflies: My Summer Style

Monday 6 February 2017

My Summer Style

It's the notorious hottest month of the year, the final lingering of Summer before the colder seasons set in; and I'm left wondering if the seasons will play games with us again this year! Last year we all felt a little robbed when the crisp Autumn air settled in earlier than usual, and I'm hoping that intoxicating Summer days hangs around a little longer and overlaps into March like it usually does...although the trees on my front lawn are already threatening me otherwise by scattering its falling brown leaves everywhere!
 

 I'm not yet ready to let go of the balmy Summer days!! I already feel a bit cheated having to spend these last glorious days behind the cars wheel when I'd much prefer to squeeze in the last few beach days before the weather shifts. But it's back to my mundane daily routine, as I begrudgingly motor along..desperately.hanging onto the only remaining heirlooms of the season - besides the scorching temperatures- my flip flops and my wardrobe!


One of my all time Summer style staples is definitely a maxi! Whether you prefer a skirt or a dress, it's a Summer classic that never really goes out of style; and if you shop smart (and don't gain weight), a good quality maxi can take you through several seasons. This particular one is already into its second season in my wardrobe,  but its light weight fabric coupled with the fact that it doesn't require ironing, makes it one of my current firm favourites. Styled here with a plain white  t-shirt, flat sandals, simple accessories and a summer hat; it keeps the focus on the print and colours of the skirt...I have since styled it in numerous other ways, and I love it so much, I have a  feeling that it will be hanging around for a couple of more summers before I'll be ready to let go.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
OUTFIT  DETAILS
 
Skirt :  Human Image
 
T-Shirt & Sunglasses : Cotton On
 
Sandals : Woolworths
 
Watch : Fossil
 
Bracelet : Gift from Moon
 
Hat : India
 
Photographs by Raqeeb Sonday
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for reading!
 
 
 
Peace,
 
 
NAMU :)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment