me Life and Times of the Fireflies: Midweek Glam

Monday 14 April 2014

Midweek Glam

Being a stay at home mom means that more often than not my wardrobe and personal style leans towards comfort over glamour...Flats over heels. That's not to say that I don't like dressing up or wearing heels....in fact, I often have to readjust my budget when I come across a must have outfit or gorgeous pair of shoes...it's just that I don't dress up with all the bells and whistles as often as I would like to...I'd go as far to say that I consider myself a bit of a plain Jane during the week, which I consider a small sacrifice for the blessing of motherhood.

But there are some days where I do have occasion to dress up...and the girly girl in me enjoys the process...but the woman in me still has some insecurities before putting my foot out of the door (previous post about that here)! It's in these moments of wondering (whether my outfit makes me look fat or my make-up is overdone) that the voice of a child can put things into perspective. Where the words "Mom, you look beautiful" can light up your heart and break down the rules of wanting to measure up...

It might just be because it was a massive change to my midweek wardrobe...I can't be sure. But the eyes of one's children tell a different truth to your own. I know I'm not perfect. I have my flaws...but I am beautiful to those who matter most!

 




 


 
 
 
And I really need to find another pose...
 

 
*A big thanks to my 10 year old son, who offered to be photographer for the evening...

Thanks for reading!
 
Peace,
 
NAMU :)

No comments:

Post a Comment