me Life and Times of the Fireflies: My Truths - We See Things As We Are

Thursday 13 June 2013

My Truths - We See Things As We Are

If your eyes are the windows to your soul, then your soul will determine how you see the world... When we see ourselves as better than others, then all we will find is faults in the rest of creation. When we realise that we are all sinners ourselves, we will always see the best in people and constantly strive to better ourselves...Some people will never see who you are, because what they are in search of is something entirely different.

One of the hardest lessons I've had to learn is that who I am, is not always how I am perceived. It is merely an interpretation depending on the person’s state of mind. Despite my best intentions at the best of times, the world may not always see it as it was meant.

It is easy to get hurt when you are not seen for who you are. It is easy to judge and measure people against your own achievements and failures, but we are all individuals, on our own paths, finding our own way, overcoming our own obstacles, experiencing our own experiences. It is quite impossible then, for us all to be at the exact same point...

As I grow, I learn that as much I am an observer, I am also being observed. That for as long as there are eyes in the world to see, there are those who will see us as sinners, and those who see us as a saints. If I measured my worth by what others think of me then I'm sure I'd be failing. I measure myself instead against my yesterdays and see how much I've grown... for a crooked mind will always see the world through crooked eyes.

For those of you who don't really know me, this is who I am. I'm sure you'll see that I'm no different to you.



I am but a traveller, a human, trying to make my way through a fickle world...
I am but a traveller, a human, often making mistakes, constantly stumbling, falling, and finding my way through a fickle world...
I am but a human, often lost, somewhat small, sometimes blinded by this fickle world...
I am but a human, getting up, dusting myself off, moving along, finding myself, finding my voice, finding a place in this fickle world...
I am a human, learning the ropes, finding the truths, learning the laws that rule this fickle world...
I am but a human, housing a soul, making it grow, making it wise, and helping it move along in this fickle world...
I am but a human, far from perfect, trying my best, passing, failing, moving swiftly along...until the day I leave this fickle world behind....




Peace,

NAMU :)


 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment