me Life and Times of the Fireflies: Not a losing battle...

Friday 3 May 2013

Not a losing battle...

The hardest thing I have ever tried to do...is go on a diet! Give me a grueling workout everyday and that would be much easier for me to conquer than to not dunk cookies in my afternoon tea!
When I was younger, I had no trouble with weight. I didn't try to be thin, I just was. So after two back to back pregnancies and a third one a few years later, I found myself many kilo's heavier and a couple of sizes out of my comfort zone.
I've invested money in almost every health magazine, googled every diet, and introduced exercise I never imagined I could do. The result...I'm fitter, healthier and stronger than I have ever been since my dancing days. My eating is a lot cleaner, and I even eat breakfast and veggies too for goodness sake!!
It's painful to see others spring into shape quicker and with what seems like a lot less effort, but I have read recently "weight loss is not a physical challenge, it's a mental one."
I realized that with being a mom, I am constantly catering to different needs, and I acknowledge that a lot of unaccounted for substances (cupcakes, chips, a few nuts here and there, kids left overs, bites from a burger) passes my lips and is probably sabotaging my progress, and although I haven't unleashed the correct formula for me, I have certainly not given up trying!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment